Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Winner of the UAPB/MISRGO/SOS Soccer Contest Talks About Quitting Smoking



The Minority Initiative Sub-Recipient Grant Office (MISRGO) at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff (UAPB) and Stamp Out Smoking (SOS) has successfully completed a public education initiative to encourage Hispanic men to quit smoking by giving away a sweepstakes package for four to a soccer game in Dallas, Texas.  The initiative was entitled “Be the best man you can be, for you and your family! Smoke-free!”

MISRGO/UAPB and SOS in partnership with Univision Arkansas announced the Grand Prize Winner Friday, July 12, on-the-air.  Mr. Alejandro Garcia and his family won four tickets to a soccer game in Dallas, Texas this fall; a one night stay in a Dallas hotel; and a $100 gas card.

Monica:  Mr. Alejandro, why did you decide to call the hotline for this promotion?

Alejandro:  Well, first and foremost, to quit smoking, because I smoke.

Monica:  Why do you want to quit?

Alejandro:  First, for my health and also for my family to be healthy.

Monica:  Does your family like that you smoke?

Alejandro:  My wife says it smells bad.  Laughter.

Monica:  There is also a law, Act 811, that says you can't smoke in the car with children under the age of 14.

Alejandro:  I didn't know that, but now I do.

Monica:  So what are you going to do to help you quit smoking?

Alejandro:  I'm not going to carry cigarettes with me; I'm going to avoid areas where people are smoking; and I'm going to use patches to help me quit.

Monica:  How do you feel about winning the trip?

Alejandro:  Happy!  My family is excited too.

Monica:  Is there anything you would like to say to our audience.

Alejandro:  Nothing more than let's quit smoking for the health of our community.


1 comment:

  1. ALANGOO is the first and only global exchange marketplace with a mission to provide a service for artists, artisan, designers, and artistic service providers with unique cultural backgrounds to present themselves to their diaspora. We are the platform where the artists that come from rich cultures, different backgrounds and all walks of life can sell their products and services worldwide. ALANGOO is spread from Los Angeles to London, to Istanbul and Yereva.

    Visit website: Persian name necklace

    ReplyDelete